Board Certified Personal Injury Lawyer
One of only a small percentage of Texas lawyers to qualify for Board Certification, Johnny’s high-level trial skills and compassion for his fellow man combine to make him both well-liked by his clients and taken seriously by his adversaries.
Johnny Garza has been a Partner with Adame Garza since 2011, working exclusively with injury victims. Johnny has achieved multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients with his sincere passion for helping families get their lives back on track and for helping right the wrongs of others.
Johnny has worked in the legal field since 1999, working at several top law firms in the region. He began his career successfully defending Fortune 500 companies domestically and internationally in personal injury litigation, insurance coverage litigation, and more at Royston Rayzor. He joined Abraham Watkins, one of the oldest and most prominent plaintiff’s firms in Houston in 2006, where he remained until forming his own law firm with law partner Miguel Adame.
Johnny graduated fourth in his class of over 300 students at Simon Rivera High School in Brownsville, Texas and went on to attend Texas A&M University, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 1998 double majoring in Latin American Studies and Sociology, cum laude. He earned his law degree, cum laude, from the University of Houston Law Center in 2002. He is admitted to practice in all Texas state courts as well as the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
Johnny Garza has been listed in the Texas Super Lawyers List by Thomson Reuters every year since 2014. Prior to that, he has been selected to the Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars List from 2012-2014. Johnny is also a respected leader in the Hispanic community. The Hispanic National Bar Association recognized him as a Top Lawyer Under 40 in 2013. The Mexican American Bar Association of Texas Foundation named him an Outstanding Young Latino Attorney. Latino Leaders Magazine named him an Influential Latino Leader of the Future in 2011. He was also recognized for his Professional Involvement in the legal community by Lawyer Legion (2022).
Some of his most proud professional association accomplishments include serving as Co-Chair of the Hispanic National Bar Association Law Week Committee and when while he was President the Hispanic Bar Association received a national award from the American Bar Association for The East End Project teaching Hispanic youth the importance of the law. He also held the most successful Hispanic Bar Association of Houston President’s Day banquet ever, raising a record amount of contributions for law school scholarships.
Beyond the legal profession and out in the greater Houston community, Johnny adopts a family each year through La Rosa Family Services’ Adopt-a-Family program. Johnny is also a Board Member of Career and Recovery Services, Inc., helping people identify and overcome barriers to employment.
Get to know Johnny Garza
ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Hispanic Bar Association of Houston: Past President, Board of Directors
- National Hispanic Bar Association: Board of Governors, Former Law Week Co-Chair, Former Deputy to Regional President of Region XII
- Houston Lawyer Referral Service: Former Member of the Board of Directors
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association: Board of Directors
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar College
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2011 – present
- Listed in Texas Super Lawyers, Personal Injury 2014 – 2022
- Recognized for Professional Involvement, Lawyer Legion, 2022
- Listed in Texas Rising Stars, Personal Injury 2012 – 2014
- Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine 2011
- Ten Legal Stars, Aztec Muse Magazine 2010
- Top Lawyers Under 40, Hispanic National Bar Association 2013
- Outstanding Young Latino Lawyer of the Year, Mexican American Bar Association of Texas Foundation, 2011
- Influential Latino Leader of the Future, Latino Leaders Magazine 2011